Case Study: Creating an Outdoor Patio Program for Corona Beer
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): The ripple effects of coronavirus are still being felt within virtually every industry around the world, but perhaps none have been more impacted than the restaurant/hospitality industry. The saving grace, it seems, has been outdoor patio seating.
Competition is fierce, though, so when Corona beer asked us to design their SWAG for a potential patio program in restaurants to promote their brand, we knew we had to go above and beyond in order to create something both memorable and true to Corona.
- Promote both Corona beer and the restaurant/bars outdoor patio programs using SWAG.
- SWAG should move beyond beach-y whimsical themes and have a more upscale look, perhaps utilizing wood.
- Create something that adds value to the restaurants and which will reinforce the Corona brand and hopefully get more restaurant guests to pick Corona over other beer options
- With so many patios open for dining now, the SWAG should grab the attention of each customer and leave a lasting impression.
- SOBO designed a collection of items to add both ambiance and utility for the restaurants to which they were offered.
- We selected beechwood as the main material, with a laser engraved Corona logo and created a collection that included:
- a custom planter that contained the following:
- An artificial 5’ Areca palm tree, with the base covered in white pebbles
- A check presenter
- Napkin caddie
- The wood items were complimented by an outdoor bean bag chair and ottoman as well as pillows made from Sunbrella fabric (high-end outdoor fabric that won’t fade)
- Corona sent out their branded patio program SWAG to distributors that then provided them to restaurants as an incentive.
- All parties were thrilled with the final look of the product.
- We don’t have results about whether or not the restaurants sold more Corona beer as a result but we do know that they have reordered, which is always a good sign.
SOBO was honored when Corona asked us to complete such an important job, and we’re proud with how the final products represented their brand. The key to the success of this particular program, however, was definitely the great direction we received from our client regarding the message they wanted to convey.
If you’re looking for unique, custom restaurant products or displays, SOBO is up for the challenge. Give SOBO a call at 888.752.0432 or email email@example.com if you have an idea or project, we love brainstorming new ideas.. And remember to always #SWAGwithStyle!