Case Study: Custom Pencils and Brand Identity
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): The hotel industry is tough. The brand is above all, so to succeed you not only need top-notch hospitality chops, but you also need to pay attention to every little detail – all the way down to the pencils. Now you may be asking yourself, “but why?”. Simple: items such as pens/pencils offer a great chance for a brand to separate themselves from the rest of the industry and leave a longer lasting impression on their client.
Need an example? Keep scrolling to check out the custom pencils we created for The Gabriel Hotel in Miami!
Case Study: Custom Pencils and The Gabriel Miami
The Gabriel Hotel in Miami gave us a challenge…
- As we know from previous blogs, hotels have a strong sense of identity. From architectural design to the finer details (like a pencil!), their subtle messaging helps to create an experience that will encourage new and repeat visitors.
- Create a pencil. But not just any pencil! A pencil unlike any other that will be utilized and memorable to their clients.
- The pencil must be something different than your typical pencil – something that’ll help you understand the personality of The Gabriel.
The Gabriel pitched their pencil idea, but now SOBO had to figure out how to make it a reality.
- Using our vast network of factories, we found the perfect place for the job.
- A custom mold was created to accommodate the pencils unique design.
- The fine details matter too. We provided a gold print on the pencil itself as well as a Pantone matching eraser.
- A happy client can now ensure that visitors at The Gabriel are able to take a full experience.
- From their unique branding and hospitality to the smaller details like the pencil, the hotel’s personality shines through.