More Important Than Ever: Consistent Customer and Employee Recognition
The coronavirus has impacted just about every aspect of life in America. Morale is low. People are confused. So, how do you ensure that your customers and employees sustain and ultimately continue to grow your business? Consistent praise.
Now more than ever it’s important we recognize and incentivize those most important to your bottom line. Consistent customer and employee recognition are key. If you don’t consistently recognize their commitment or thank them for their loyalty, then you risk alienating them forever.
Remember, a simple yet consistent recognition system will go a LONG way. You don’t need a complicated multi-year, point-based system. Thankfully, SOBO has plenty of simple options to choose from! In fact, we have so many optional modules and potential areas of focus, we could write a novel about it! But instead, we are hosting a webinar to tell you more about it. Click here to register for our upcoming Incentive, Loyalty, and Recognition Webinar. You’ll learn more about the various programs SOBO can offer your business and their associated benefits.
We have solutions for: Years of Service – Customer Loyalty – Safety – Attendance – Sales – Gifting – Birthdays – Plus so much more!
Let’s quickly review the basics. Our most popular module currently is Gift Select Now, which is due to the high levels of effectiveness and low associated cost of the program. However, you can see we truly have something for everyone. But regardless of the program, the key to success is to remain consistent.
Your company is asking for consistent effort, attendance, and attention from employees. So shouldn’t your company consistently recognize your employees? Likewise, every business is consistently asking customers for their patronage. So shouldn’t businesses consistently thank customers for choosing their service out of the hundreds of options? In order to truly change behavior, drive sales, and maintain a successful business, your system must remain consistent.
The Top 5 Reasons Consistent Customer and Employee Recognition is Important
- Consistency Allows for Measurement: How do you measure effectiveness if what you are measuring isn’t performed consistently? Consistent customer and employee recognition will influence them to repeat the right behaviors necessary for the recognition, and timely feedback will only help achieve goals (both your company’s and their own).
- Consistency Creates Accountability: Create regular check-ins between employees and managers to discuss progress and roadblocks. Without consistent accountability, employees may not understand how their role impacts the big picture.
- Consistency Establishes Your Reputation: Business growth requires a track record of success, and you can’t establish a track record if you are constantly shifting gears. Recognizing consistently loyal customers, or employees that best exemplify your brand’s message will inspire others to exhibit similar behaviors. Recognition leads to repeated behavior. Repeated behavior establishes reputation.
- Consistency Makes You Relevant: Having constant communication is important to stay top-of-mind. But if you’re only reaching out to customers to update them on “another boring sale”, or if you’re only reaching out to employees to reprimand them, you’ll get tuned out. QUICKLY. By offering praise and breaking up the monotony, your company becomes more relevant in the day-to-day lives of the participants.
- Consistency Maintains Your Message: Practice what you preach. Employees and customers both know that actions speak louder than words, especially from leadership. Motivation, inspiration, and willingness to go the extra mile depend on consistent corporate messaging and the company’s ability to follow-through on established value propositions. People will not exhibit the right behaviors for success without consistent messaging there to drive their achievements.
To put it simply: “Consistency is Key”
It’s no secret that the economy is struggling and that people fear the unknown. We need more positivity in our lives! Your company has the opportunity to bring some light during a dark time for many around the globe, and many of your participants would never forget it. If you’re thinking about starting an incentive program, there’s simply no better time.
Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or if you’re interested in receiving more details. He will gladly get you case studies, info-sheets, or anything else you may need. We can also meet one-on-one if you’re unable to attend our upcoming webinar. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you on March 25th! #SWAGwithStyle