SWAG Bag Case Study: 2018 Academy Awards
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): The SWAG bag, aka goodie bag, is no longer just for kid parties – SWAG bags have been gaining popularity in recent years. Why is that? Well, because SWAG bags are a perfect way to lure guests to your next event! It’s also a great way to push your product to influencers and your key audience. The SWAG bag is typically an under-utilized promotional tool, making it an even more effective to those hardened marketing veterans, and they’re also extremely versatile; so when Jarritos approached us about creating a package of SWAG for the Academy Award’s, we were excited to get started.
Academy Awards SWAG Bag – Jarritos
You can push virtually any type of product into an existing SWAG bag – OR – you can look for vendors to provide promotional items to boost an event you are hosting. But no matter what role you are playing in the SWAG bag game:
- You want to make sure the products you are giving away are high-quality and reflect your brand.
- Ensure the package (and contents) are memorable during what’s normally an extremely busy night full of entertainment.
- Make your goodie bag more than just a giveaway and turn it into a powerful promotion that people feel good about receiving/sharing.
- Get the Jarritos products into the hands of influencers.
What better place to get in front of influencers than the Academy Awards?!
- The Oscars are known for providing elaborate gift bags for their award nominees, so when Jarritos told us they were sponsoring the nominee SWAG bag this past year, we knew we needed to create something special.
- The SWAG bag was converted into the SWAG box in order to garner immediate recognition.
- In order to promote both the brand’s values and messaging, we decided to give away a pallet of Jarritos soda, which was to be given to a charity event of the nominee’s choosing.
- The information regarding the pallet, as well as the promotional items, were delivered inside a custom-designed box that contained a sample bottle of Jarritos soda.
- Also included was a custom-designed Bluetooth speaker that had full-color printing on the front and back.
- The size of the custom box ensured this promotional item was not missed among the slew of other products the recipient was given that night.
- The pallet of soda was both a feel-good tool and a great promotion, as the recipient shared their charitable donations on social media and with friends/family.
- The bluetooth speaker was a great gift that the recipient could hold on to in order to remember the brand.
- Ultimately, Jarritos got their products in the hands of influencers and became a memorable brand during a busy night, just as the set out to do.