We Just Donated Thirteen Thousand Face Masks. Now We’re Challenging You!
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): Today SOBO’s proud to announce that we’ve helped raise enough funds to donate 13,000 KN95 masks to local charities in Boston and those in need around the country.
Together with the Mask Donation Project, we raised $38,000 – enough for the purchase and delivery of thirteen thousand potentially life saving PPE. They were distributed as follows:
- 1,750 masks to the Boston Rescue Mission
- 1,750 masks to Rosie’s Place
- 9,000 masks distributed via our partners in their local communities.
Normally we might not post about this, but with worldwide protests and everything going on today, we felt it could be a useful reminder amongst the chaos. Our hope is that this blog will once again raise awareness of the need for PPE within our communities and inspire others to donate. Regardless of whether it’s an entire company coming together for a massive donation, or a single generous human doing what they can to give back, it’s important we continue to show support for those with their lives on the line everyday.
Consider this your challenge. We’d just urge you to share your donation as well and hope to spread the fire!
Oh, and for those assuming that our healthcare workers, firefighters, EMTs, nursing homes, etc. are no longer in need, please consider the following:
AS OF JUNE 7, 2020 (Source: WaPO)
- FLORIDA just recorded the most new cases in the last 4 days of any 4 days during the whole outbreak.
- CALIFORNIA is at their highest daily average number of new cases.
- TEXAS just recorded the most new cases of any 5 days during the outbreak & new highest daily average number of new cases.
- ARIZONA recorded their most new cases in the last 5 days of any 5 days.
- NORTH CAROLINA & SOUTH CAROLINA each recorded the most new cases in the last 3 days of any 3 days.
The numbers also reflect that the number of confirmed cases is dramatically outpacing our testing increase, and each of these states (except for CA) have doubled their daily average number of new cases since they’ve reopened.
We can’t blame this all on a higher number of tests, we need to understand that this hasn’t gone away, and above all- we need to prepare and protect our most vulnerable!
(If you decide to join us in donating, please tag @soboconcepts or #SWAGwithStyle so we can share via social media)