SOBO Solutions Presents: 10 Creative Ways to Reward Remote Workers
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): With so many people still working from home, we figured now would be a great time to re-up on creative ways to recognize and reward your remote workers.
The good folks at Promotional Consultant Today recently reminded us of this quote from American educator Stephen R. Covey, which we should all add to our daily philosophy:
“Always treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers.”
With this in mind, we wanted to review what else we can do to show employees they’re appreciated. Of course, SOBO can implement a top-of-the-line incentive program, and our Employee Engagement Tool is a perfect, free option through the end of 2020, but what else can we do to reward remote workers?
Creative Ways to Reward Remote Workers
1. Offer flexibility. Sometimes, all you need to do is give your sales reps some autonomy. Allow them to adjust their hours a bit and give them some freedom in how they complete certain projects. SOBO can help here, too. Click here to plan ahead and gain back some of your time by selecting a time & date that works for you to discuss how we’ll approach your next event. We even reward our customers for planning ahead since it makes things easier for everybody. Take advantage of these tools to get organized and gain back some flexibility while you’re at it!
2. Know your employees. Everyone appreciates different perks. Managers can only reward their remote workers best if they know what they want. We’re always trying to learn more about our employees, as well as our customers, which is why we send a new client survey to learn more about our new accounts, and we’ve sent out a general survey to learn how to better serve current customers in the future. We value this information so much that we even reward those customers that complete these surveys with SWAG points that are redeemable for a gift of their choice. Consider doing the same for your employees!
3. Build team camaraderie. For a meaningful addition to your sales meetings, try working in time for kudos for each of your sales reps via our Employee Engagement tool – which is completely FREE through the end of 2020.
4. Delight reps with timely gifts. Send your sales reps useful gifts that are sure to be appreciated. Whether you want to commemorate an important milestone or commend your reps on a job well done, show them they matter with our #SWAGwithStyle. Learn more about our gifting guide here (ask us about auto-reorders!). Or click here to check out this presentation of SWAG created specifically with remote workers in mind.
5. Remember the promotional products. In line with the idea above, you can reward and celebrate your remote team members with #SWAGwithStyle. SOBO can even implement a gifting program you can “set and forget” (click here to read about deal closing gifts that we sent out to Silver Hill employees every month). We’ll take care of everything whenever an employee is due another gift. Too simple? We can also create a company store for you that’ll infuse a sense of pride among employees, increase your brand awareness, and show your appreciation – all at the same time!
6. Commit to staying connected. Even though your sales reps may not work in the same office, you can still bring everyone together, from team meetings to after-work chats. If you want your remote team members to feel more connected and engaged, send your employees a customizable drink kit and begin hosting a virtual happy hour every Friday!
7. Give learning opportunities. Professional and personal development benefits both your team and your individual sales reps. Look for ways to provide them with classes, whether or not they are related to sales. For example, to celebrate a successful month or quarter, you could give your team members passes to online cooking or fitness classes. SOBO offers our customers a couple of options here, including programs such as Gift Select Now or Select an Award, where you’d set the rewards price level and send out gift cards to qualified employees.
8. Get creative. To celebrate your remote sales reps, think beyond sending a congratulatory email. Perhaps ask them to share their favorite restaurant and send them a “snail mail” with a gift card included (more on that below). Or perhaps you could host a social media giveaway, or a contest for “best dog pictures”, and reward participants with one of these hip tech products. If you need help thinking of something – that’s what we do! Just give us a shout and we’ll begin to brainstorm.
9. Reach out with a personal touch. A handwritten note goes a long way, especially if you cannot regularly share your heartfelt appreciation in person. The idea is to send a more authentic message than a simple email, and our direct mail program will do just that. Click here to learn about why we’ve been so effective in this space or click to jump straight to the presentation to view some of your options.
10. Be consistent. Now more than ever it’s important we recognize and incentivize your employees. Consistent employee recognition is key to the long term health of your company. Remember, a simple yet consistent recognition system will go a LONG way. You don’t need a complicated multi-year, point-based system. Your employees just want to know that you recognize their efforts – not only at one time of year, around the holidays or their birthday, but truly and consistently appreciate them. SOBO can help you achieve this!
As mentioned above, the need to reward our remote workers has never been greater, and SOBO is here to ensure those most important to your bottom line are recognized for their continued efforts through out the pandemic.
If you’d like to hear more ideas, or you’d like to discuss which option would be most effective for your company, call SOBO or email email@example.com today to discuss your strategy! #SWAGwithStyle